At a meeting held by the Board of Údarás na Gaeltachta in Na Forbarcha on Friday 24 February
- it was agreed to formulate an action plan to promote sustainable and renewable energy in the Gaeltacht. The development of four model energy developing projects are among the projects which will be undertaken in conjunction with co-operatives and community-based groups along with the development of a good energy practice industry on Údarás’ industrial estate.
- a support package was approved for Muintearas na nOileán to oversee their training and education, research and support programme for 2006.
- assistance was approved to develop the car park at Aerfort Idirnáisiúnta Dhún na nGall Teo. and to provide necessary training courses for personnel at the airport.
- the Board was informed that shares previously held by ISP Global Technologies Inc. in Arramara have now been purchased by Údarás na Gaeltachta and that negotiations were ongoing with the Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs to transfer the balance of shares, currently held by the Department to an tÚdarás. Arramara Teo. would then be a fully-owned subsidiary of Údarás na Gaeltachta.
- a new policy was agreed to make an tÚdarás’ assets available for noncommercial social and community purposes. This policy concerns projects such as child care centres, centres which care for the elderly, education centres, indoor sports centre, health centres, and local development organisations. This scheme is in response to industry requirements which have risen regarding community development and the social economy in recent years and to complement the importance of such an industry in the Gaeltacht community.
- it was decided to put Eastát Bhaile Uí Chonaill in Fál Carrach on the market.