A meeting of the Connacht/Leinster regional committee was held at Áras Pobail Chill Chiaráin on April 1 2008. The committee met with delegates from Coiste Pobail Chill Chiaráin to discuss the following:
- The proposed development on Talamh Churraoin (Páirc na Mara) in Cill Chiaráin.
- The committees concerns over the lack of new employment opportunities in the community.
- The need for significant investment in tourism infrastructure in the area (accommodation and landing facilities for boats/yachts for example).
Assistance was approved for eight projects, including the following:
- Three crafts proposals (two in An Spidéal and one in Corr na Móna)
- Comhlacht Forbartha an Spidéil; preparation plans to develop the library in An Spidéal in association with the County Council and other organisations.
The next meeting of the Connacht/Leinster Regional Committee will take place in Baile Ghib, Co. Meath on the 29 April 2008.