Expression of Interest to develop a Food Hub in the Gaeltacht
The purpose of this EOI is to assist Údarás na Gaeltachta in preparing a suitable development plan and:
- To assess the demand for food preparation, manufacturing, testing, packaging, facilities.
- To provide an opportunity for private individuals, enterprises (including social enterprises), public agencies to contribute to and/or participate in the development of enterprise space, commercial kitchen space and commercial rental opportunities for proposed hubs.
- To inform the overall design of the hubs which will be planned, developed, resourced and managed so as to encourage synergies and efficiencies in developing the food sector locally and on a regional basis.
- To assist in identifying specialised requirements amongst prospective clients that could inform the planning and the resourcing of facilities and infrastructure.
- To identify requirements in the food community for food uses that complement the core objectives relating to the planning of such facilities.
- To identify potential suitable employment creating projects, developed through public and private investment, in the food sector which could be developed at these hubs.
Download the Expression of Interest form here